Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dragon Tales

We had so much fun drawing dragons in my 6's class that I thought the older group would also enjoy it as well, and they did! We also drew birdhouses as a warm up to continue learning how to draw forshortened squares that we turn into cubes. Now that we've covered the two basic shapes they can start building objects in 3D!

(btw, click on the drawings to see them in full screen size!)




We also worked on a value scale to help us while we shade.

I learned from my other class that drawing the individual slots on the battlement took up almost the whole class time. This time we did a simplifed version for the top of the castle tower. That gave them time to finish shading the tower, add extras, and draw a landscape that my younger group didn't get a chance to do.



1 comment:

  1. Wow!! These drawings are amazing! These kids are really showing their talent here.

    ReplyDelete