Thursday, May 13, 2010

Magical Places

The Club House Artists took a journey into their imaginations today. I let them give the direction of the drawings with no end in mind. One artist wanted to draw a squirrel so that led us to drawing a magical tree with a squirrel hanging out in the hole. We talked about how nature is asymmetrical and we have to retrain our human brains, that like things symmetrical, to think asymmetrical. (I mention how difficult this was for me after I drew the roots symmetrically just by my human nature and had to add an extra root to the right side to change it.)



Trees are very hard to draw so I give 5 pencils up for their great efforts! [You should have seen mine!]

The next drawing we started off practicing drawing four pencils going in different directions. The Club House Artists took it from there and turned it into a space drawing. So much fun!
A Club House Artist and I were working on drawing princesses. Here's her drawing of Ariel. We talked about "S curves" when drawing Ariel's hair and also on the cheek and face.

No comments:

Post a Comment