Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things can change on a dime.

I'm thinking of changing the name of the class to improv drawing class. Sometimes I let the Club House Artists guide the direction of the class by a group brainstorm. I might start the idea by naming an object that we could draw and then ask for a story. As the Club House Artists start mentioning things they like, somehow I get these crazy ideas for drawings and we go with it. Example, today, I had in mind we were going to draw the most beautiful snow globe for our Mothers for Mother's Day. Half way through the drawing while drawing the base of our snow globe I looked at our drawing and said it looks like a gumball machine. Then one of the Club House Artists mentioned something else about gumball machines and I thought it would be cool to put little sayings on each gumball for Mom. So we turned our snow globe into a gumball machine. One artist was still wondering how we went from snow globe to gumball machine and I just smiled and said,"We all came up with the idea together, right?"  (Really the truth is my brain won't stop thinking so if I get off track, sometimes I just keep going that direction. Snow globe. Gumball machine. . .same thing right?)



Here are a couple of the Club House Artists Race Car Dinosaurs. They didn't finish them in class and took them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment