Saturday, September 26, 2009

World Wide Day of Play

I promised to bring music along with me to class and I finally remembered. I found a great cd called, "Mozart for Your Mind." Certain classical music is supposed to boost your brain power during studying. It helps your brain organize information and retain it. I figured it couldn't hurt while drawing as well.

The Saturday class focused on learning how to draw a cube. We have been working on forshortened circles and cylinders in the previous classes. We learned how to draw a present and other cube like objects.

After class I rushed over to the World Wide Day of Play where Pen & Mouse Design House Inc. had a booth set up for art instruction as well. We had over fifty young artists come to our booth where we also taught them how to draw a cube with our handy dandy cube drawing worksheet. Many were surprised how easy it actually was. The rain held off but it was pretty dark. We hope in the end we at least got our name out there and maybe will have some new recruits join soon.

We had a drawing to give away three goodie bags with our little orange TY beanie, pencil case, pencils, and fancy erasers. Congratulations to the ones who won! We can't wait for the next playdate!

(I'll add the Club House Artist's artwork next week as I forgot my camera during class. Stay tuned.)



No comments:

Post a Comment